Pain – A Warning Sign that your body needs help!
For thousands of years, people have received tremendous benefit from massage. Whether by the release of tight, knotted muscles; or the remobilising of joints and connective tissue, enabling more freedom of movement; or simply the stimulation of blood flow promoting health across the entire body in innumerable ways or providing an overwhelming sense of relaxation – there is no doubt massage works.
Pain is a signal – our body uses pain to tell us that it needs attention and action is required now. If ignored, the pressure point of the pain trigger can cause lockups where our body tries to isolate areas from further problems which can lead to more serious issues such as long-term immobility and degenerative diseases.
Massage brings healing and life-giving blood, and releases tension and immobility from problem areas. It rejuvenates weak muscles, lubricates and mobilises tight and locked up joints, and promotes wellbeing.
Massage practiced by Master Practitioners can produce miracle-like results!. See the list below of therapeutic effects of massage on the body and mind.
Not only does massage have well documented physical benefits but we know also that it has tremendous benefit to our mental and emotional well being.
The Physical Benefits of Massage!
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Eases tight back, chest, shoulders and neck
- Increases circulation, oxygen and nutrition to cell
- Strengthens the immune system
- Relieves muscle spasms, tension headaches and Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Enhances ability to think and concentrate
- Eases sore muscles and joints
- Increases range of motion and flexibility
- Cleans the body of toxins and waste
- Counter balances travel fatigue
- Improves skin and muscle tone
- Slows the aging process
- Improves energy
- Relieves eye strain
- Aids recovery from injuries
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Enhances athletic performance; treats injuries caused during sport or work
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Improves lymph circulation
- Increases blood circulation
- Improves posture
- Rehabilitation post operative
- Rehabilitation after injury
- Relaxes tight muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- Helps to free up nerves that have been restricted by tight muscles
- Breaks up stored toxins in the body so that they are more easily eliminated
- Allows better organ and brain function by improving circulation to nerve supply, and by taking the pressure of tight muscles off the organs
- Can assist in the healing of tissue by increasing circulation to that area
- Can break up fibrous adhesions around joint tissue
- Reduces headaches
- Relieves Knee problems
- Relieves back problems
- Relieves old injuries
- Relieves menstrual problems
The Mental & Emotional Benefits of Massage!
- Fosters peace of mind
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Helps relieve anxiety and stress
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Helps release deep-seated, suppressed emotions
- Satisfies need for caring, nurturing touch
- Fosters a feeling of well being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Creates body awareness
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
- Digestive disorders related to nervous tension
- Emotional problems and many other conditions
Do yourself a favour and get a full bodywork massage today, and begin the journey back to a whole you.
Your body will love you for it!