Massage Central is committed to fulfilling its objects and implementing its strategic plan(s) and in doing so we will protect your privacy. We are also bound by Australian privacy laws which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of personal information.
This statement, sets out important information about privacy protections that we extend to your personal information. It relates to personal information that you provide to us through our website.
Massage Central’s approach to privacy generally is in Massage Central’s Privacy Statement available on our website.
How we collect personal information
Massage Central collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, such as when you enter your personal details on our website or when you provide information by phone or in faxed or hard copy documents such as a fund-raising return or as part of a program for community support;
- From third parties such as your family, friends or representatives;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From the organisations identified below under “When we disclose your personal information”;
- From our own records.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Identify you and to assist you to access our website more easily;
- Help us to fulfill our objects and the implementation of our strategic plan(s);
- Administer and manage those objects, including charging and billing and fundraising;
- Inform you of ways we can improve;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- Research and develop our objects and plan(s);
- Maintain and develop our systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Your personal information is also collected to assist in community and other projects and activities we are involved in or for purposes of community action. You may notify us at any time that you do not wish to be so involved by calling us by phone or by using the Contact Us on our website page to send your request via email or by clicking on our “unsubscribe” button on some of our communications such as our newsletters.
Massage Central Websites
Massage Central may be involved in a range of projects and undertakings. Most of these are presented and are accessible online on our websites and other linked or related sites. We refer to these as “our websites”.
The information provided on our website will be determined by where you decide to visit on the site. Promotions, fund-raising activities or community activity may also be presented to you, but the placement of these is not related specifically to any details we hold about you.
Personal information collected for our websites. The types of personal information we collect from you will depend on how you use our website.
Such information may include your name, date of birth, gender, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s license number and your username or password. We may also collect details of your personal views.
Our website records other information as well. This information is used to improve the structure and performance of the site to provide users with improved service or access. Whenever a page is requested from our web server, we record the time, date and URL of the request, along with information on the browser software that is being used.
Massage Central gathers usage information from our website and other websites. This is aggregated for purposes of our community and other activities. Personally identifiable characteristics are removed and users remain anonymous, unless you have given prior express consent for Massage Central to recognise your usage. This data is gathered by us to examine Internet trends and demographics and to assist in improving the structure and ease of use of our websites.
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above (under “How we use your personal information”) we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Massage Central. Where appropriate, these disclosures are subject to privacy and confidentiality protections.
The organisations to which we usually disclose information include:
- Outsourced service providers, including:
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- public relations and community action services; and
- for research or community (or more specific) action.
- Your representatives (e.g. your authorised representatives or legal advisers);
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- Organisations involved in:
- Assessment of our community support and effectiveness;
- Managing our risk and funding; and
- Related organisations.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Massage Central takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
That’s why we recommend you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Keep us up to date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address. You can easily edit or delete the personal information you provide to us on our website (unless it is mandatory information required).
If you wish to access or modify personal information which you have provided via our website but cannot access that information, please contact us (see how to contact us below).
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject only to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please contact us (see how to contact us below). You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
Security of your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely.
Transmissions sent to or from our website are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
Credit card information is among the most important data we may collect. If given on our website, Massage Central operates secure servers to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of such information. Credit card information that is transmitted via our secure servers is encrypted in accordance with the highest standards over the EFTPOS network. For obvious reasons, please do not send credit card information through unsecured email.
Collection of Personal Information
When visiting our websites, the IP address used to access the site will be logged along with the dates and times of access. This information is purely used to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement and gather broad demographic information for internal use. Most importantly, any recorded IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Links to third party Websites
We have included links on this site for your use and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these sites may differ from our own.
What else you should know about privacy
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet (for example: in discussion forums, via email, or in chat sites) that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet and our websites.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us by phone. Alternatively, you can use the contact page on the Massage Central website to send your questions and comments via email or write to the Directors at our address shown on that page.